I am VERY late with this post. Embarrassingly late. But better late than never, right?
Mihir Chakrapani at The Geeky Critic was kind enough to nominate me for the Blogger Recognition Award. The award is for bloggers to nominate other bloggers, in an effort to encourage writing and acknowledge the tremendous amount of work that goes into maintaining a blog. The award also seeks to create an environment for bloggers to review and reward one another’s work in a supportive environment.
Once you are nominated, if you wish to accept your nomination, you must follow these rules:
- Generate a post about the award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a brief story about how your blog began.
- Provide two pieces of advice to newbie bloggers.
- Select 15 blogs to nominate.
- Comment on each nominee’s blog and provide a link to the post that you created about the award.
About the Cabbage Blossom Review
The CBR was originally a very different blog, with a very different name, and featured mostly stories about my personal life. My personal life is very boring, and I quickly ran out of things to write about. Then one day on a whim, I decided to post a review of Sorry Not Sorry by Naya Riviera. After that, I decided I wanted to focus on books, movies and pop culture. And just like that, the Cabbage Blossom Review was born, and I’m proud to say is still growing.
Advice for Newbies
Not to scare you off, but blogging is kinda hard. People love to talk about how dumb blogging is, and how annoyed they are by being inundated with the blogs of countless friends. But, it is still very worthwhile. My two pieces of advice are as follows:
- Consistency is key. This is something that I personally struggle with. Set a goal, make sure that it is a realistic goal, about how many posts you would like to publish per week. Then try your darndest to meet that goal! (note, this is easier said than done. I am the queen of getting on a really good flow of writing and scheduling posts, then poof! My motivation is gone.)
- You hear ALL.THE.TIME. about bloggers who receive book deals or otherwise make tons of money at blogging. If you are one of those bloggers, please tell us all how you have accomplished it in the comments, because I am DYING to know. If not, know that this isn’t a guarantee, and that building a following is something that takes time and patience. So, stick in there.
The Blogs I’m Nominating
- Once Upon a Spine
- Stuffed Shelves
- Lola Et La Vie
- Quibbles and Scribbles
- Fangirl Fury
- The Paperback Piano
- Not So New Review
- The Reading Phoenix
- Earl Gray Times
- pace, amore, libri
- A Novel Adventure
- Dressed to Read
- Jenna Diane Scott
- Critically Blonde
Thank you for reading! As always, I am so thankful for my readers and I am VERY thankful to Mihir for nominating me for this award. Be sure to scroll back up and check out his blog!